Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Community

For me, Social Studies has focused a lot on community. I think that it is really important to build a strong classroom and school community. This involves building strong relationships around trust. My field experience classroom and school has a strong community. In my classroom, students have shared responsibilities. They are expected to take care of their responsibilities and if someone needs help, they will help. In the mornings, my teacher leads community time. This time is so important because it allows the whole class to come together and share thoughts and ideas. This is where active listening and respect play a large role in building their community. With that, I have looked at other sites and blogs about classroom communities...







No comments:

Post a Comment